Friday, January 23, 2009

Thank you EVERYONE!!!

I just had to say Thank you to everyone for making my birthday so special! I have to tell you what happened. So Wednesday night Ron was asking me what I wanted to do for my birthday. I told him I wanted to stay in sweats all day and not go anywhere. I always go to a Mexican restaurant called On the Border in Boise for my birthday, but Ron is going to school and he has a class on Thursdays from 1-4 and Tyler doesn't get off the bus from Kindergarten until 12:15, so forget about going out to lunch right. Well fastforward to Thursday my actually birthday date. I went to get my sweats and realized they were dirty. Of course they were such a great start to my day. I found some other clothes to wear and left my bathroom. Well my baby Sydney, ok not baby since she is almost 5, was laying on my bed and said Happy Birthday Mom! This is very amazing because I have to wake her up every day. If I don't she would sleep in until past 11:00. I was shocked to see her there, but it was so cute! After I got the other kids out the door to go to school Sydney and I went shopping for dinner food. Ron can cook, but he doesn't really do it unless you want waffles or Spaghetti. Not exactly what I wanted for my birthday. We got a Stouffer's Lasagna. No cleanup of dishes, no cooking, perfect! We came home and I stamped some. When it was getting close to Tyler coming home I thought to myself that staying home for lunch was stupid since I wasn't going anywhere for dinner I wanted to go out to lunch. I called a friend but she wasn't home. So Sydney, Tyler and I left to go out to lunch at Wendy's. Something fast because Tyler was getting his hair cut at 1:00 by the friend who wasn't home. We were on our way when Ron called saying he didn't have class since it was the first day, so I got to go to On the Border with him after all. It was yummy and I have leftovers for lunch today. Yeah! So needless to say we were late for getting Tylers haircut. We got to Darci's house and about 2 minutes later the doorbell rang. It was the Young Woman's president followed by her counselors. They came to suprise me with a cake. I was very suprised and so grateful that they would do that for me. You are probably wondering why the Young Women's presidency was there. Well it's because I am the Camp Director for this year. I don't know how that happened, but it did, and the more I think about the funner it sounds. I haven't been to camp since I was a girl, and this year will be extra special because Megan gets to go for the first time, and I get to be there with her! Anyways off topic. It was great to have them there and the cake was yummy. (Thanks Denise!) I'm thankful to Darci for putting this together for me. While we were there Darci was organizing her movies so I borrowed a couple of them. You know really good chick flicks for me to watch.

Off topic again I pick Megan and a friend up from school everyday and they drive them to school everyday. Well I called Candice to see if she could pick them up so I wouldn't have to on my birthday. She agreed which was awesome to not have to get them. Eating the cake and talking ran a little long so Megan got home before me. When I finally got home she had decorated the house with signs and streamers. It was a great suprise!
I didn't think I needed any cake with friends or decorations, but now that I got them it really made my birthday. It was so much fun!!!

Courtney made me some club crackers with Havarti cheese and ham. We all enjoyed them. She did a great job because they were really yummy and she was so cute about it!
Looks interesting but they were yummy!

Dinner was enjoyed and eaten by the kids since Ron and I were still full from lunch. We enjoyed more cake and ice cream.
I didn't get my present yet because we have to go pick it out. I get a new kitchen faucet. I know you are thinking how boring, but it's really not. Now I will get a filtered water dispenser next to the faucet. I can't wait! After dinner Ron cleaned up and the kids went to bed. I also went to bed earlier then usual to watch some TV. Perfect for me.

So I just have to say Thank you to everyone for making it a great day. Thanks to my family for all calling and wishing me well and to all my Facebook friends who have wished me a Happy Birthday. It truly was a Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

Elizabeth Peterson said...

I am so glad you had such a great day! I sure value you as a friend and I am glad that I get to be at girls camp with you this year! You will be so fun!

Lisa said...

Well, you are an awesome person. You deserve to have a great birthday.

Nate and Lana Hope said...

So great that you had a great day! It is so fun when the kids make the day especially special for you! :)

Kim Garrett said...

Glad you had a great day! I'm also the Camp Director...this will be my third year...and I LOVE IT! I think it's the best calling in the church!