Thursday, January 22, 2009

Happy Birthday to ME!

I don't know if you noticed the new background for the blog, but that's for me since today is my 34th birthday. Yes I said 34. I can't believe that I'm that old, but now that I'm that old I think it's very young. I remember being a child and thinking 30's were ancient, but really they aren't. I love my 30's and I wouldn't go back to my teens or 20's for nothing. My kids are all growing and can mostly get things for themselves now. I still have to make sandwiches for Sydney and Tyler and dish out there food and pour the milk if it's to full, but other then that they can do pretty much everything by themselves. I have even trained them that when they wake up (on a non school day) to go downstairs and watch TV and don't wake me up. Yup I would not go back to my 20's when I had babies under foot and into everything.

I wanted to just share with you some things that I'm thankful for...
First that I live in America. I don't know that you all know this, but I'm the oldest of 5 kids. My Mom is from Idaho, but my Dad is from Chile. They met while my Mom was working in Chile. The married there and moved to Utah 1 month before I was born, so I'm thankful to them for moving here and letting me be born in America.
Second I'm thankful for my family. Sometimes when the kids ask me for something or call me Mom I think why are they asking me, I'm not the mom, but then I remember that oh ya I am the mom, and when did that happen. (I do know how it happened though;0)) I still feel young and think that someone should be caring for me and not the other way around, but I am thankful to have the chance to have a family of my own!
Third, I'm thankful for the Church. I don't know where I would be without it. The things that I have learned, and the dear friends I have met really mean a lot to me.
Forth, I'm so thankful to Ron for being a good provider! I'm so thankful that he still has a good job so that we can have the things we have and a place to live and food to eat. (Thanks for making me my traditional oatmeal cake as well babe).

I'm thankful for a lot more things, but I don't want to bore you anymore. Thanks for letting me share this with you for my birthday!!! I hope you all have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

Stacey said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I've talked to you every other day this week so this counts as me telling you. I can't believe Ron made you an oatmeal cake! Way to go Ron. I don't even think I've ever made that cake. I just wanted to add that we are thankful for you, just wished you lived closer.

Nate and Lana Hope said...

Happy birthday sweet old lady! :) I loved all the recent posts you have! Tell Megan I think she is HILLARIOUS!!! Those pics were great! Your dad and Tyler look VERY handsome! THey look ready for baptism or a wedding or something so dressy upy! :) Anyways, have a wonderful 34th year, so glad I have you as a friend!

Lisa said...

It's nice to be reminded of so many of the basic things we should be thankful for. Thank you, and Happy Birthday

Kellie said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day and that Ron and the kids pamper you today!

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday Cheryl! I hope you had a great day!
And I am so glad you feel that way about being a mom...I feel that way often as well!

Amberly said...

Happy Birthday Cheryl! I thought about you all day as I was doing crazy work at my house. I hope it was a good day.