Monday, February 23, 2009

Sydney's diagnosis

So we just got back from the Dr. and he confirmed that it is something called Henoch Schonlein purpura or HSP for short. Inflammation of the blood vessels causing bleeding in the tissues. It has gotten worse, and it still may get worse, but it will go away in about a week. They don't know what causes it, but it will just go away. We have to keep an eye out for her kidney because it could effect that, but she should be just fine. The Dr said that they don't see it very often. It is so weird. It looks painful, but she says it doesn't hurt.

She is running around just fine, so no need to be concerned. I'll keep you up to date on her condition though.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Good news! But still the weirdness factor...

Kellie-n-Sterling said...

Holy cow, that is scary!!! I would be freaking out! Poor thing, I hope it goes away soon and she has no other problems! We love you Sydney!

Stacey said...

I'm glad I didn't see these pictures before I read the result. That would have freaked me out. I'm glad it's nothing serious (hopefully it doesn't get to the kidney). What causes it? Is it contagious? I wasn't worried about Sydney at the hospital, I'm wondering how you reacted to all of it. That part kind of makes me laugh.

Nate and Lana Hope said...

I'm so glad she's okay! Weird! Hope the week goes fast for you and she heals great!