Monday, February 23, 2009

Ouch!

Saturday late afternoon Sydney was saying that it hurt to walk. I looked at her feet to find that her right foot was all swollen and she had some bumps on her leg. I had no idea what happened. I didn't know if she sprained her foot, or had an allergic reaction to something, or even a spider bite. I gave her some childrens benedryl and it didn't seem to work so I brought her to St. Al's Emergency room. After they did the initial exam they put her in her own room. The Dr. had no idea what was wrong. I just have to say that I have the bravest little girl. They had to draw blood and give her and I.V. She never cried. She just let them do it to her. I was so proud of how brave she was. The Dr. said that she was there favorite patient of the day. She also had to have chest x-rays, a strep test and urine sample. Her results came back and they were all fine. The Dr. drew around the swelling and bruising to see if it got worse. It spread to both legs and on her little bum. Her arm was also starting to swell a little.

I fogot to take the camera with me and they wouldn't let me have my cell phone on so these pictures were taken Sunday at home. She was on so much pain medicine that she was running and jumping all day. I'm sure that it made it worse, but we could not get her to sit still. She has a Dr. appoinment today and we will see what he says. Poor Sydney.

2 comments:

Nate and Lana Hope said...

Oh my goodness! I was wondering where you were yesterday! Hope she is okay, brave little thing! Let us know what you find out!

Lisa said...

Cheryl, this is so scary! Please keep us posted. Hopefully it is some weird reaction that will go away on its own. Praying for ya...