Thursday, June 4, 2009

Antoher trip to the Emergency Room

About 2 1/2 weeks ago Tyler fell off a garden scooter onto the cement and had a big bump on the back of his head so I took him to the emergency room. He was fine. Well Friday night at 10:45 when kids are supposed to be sleeping Sydney starts screaming. I went to her and blood was all over her month. I sent her right to Ron because I couldn't look at it. He cleaned her up and discovered that her 2 top front teeth had not come out, but fallen down. I didn't get a picture with my camera, just my cell phone, but I don't know how to get pictures off of it. We called her dentist twice and he never called back, so we called a different dentist with the same outcome. We ended up having to take her to the emergency room at midnight. The dentist there pushed them back up and gave her some pain medicine. The only problem was when he pushed them back up he also pushed them back so when when she bites her front teeth are the first to hit, so she is changing her bite. This all happened because her and Tyler stacked couch cushions on top of each other and she fell and hit her wood bed frame. She did leave teeth marks as a reminder. This is a picture of her gums. They look so painful. Sorry about the lousy picture quality. There is something wrong with my camera.


I took her to the dentist and he wants to pull them. We are going to wait a week to see if she will start biting normally again. I sure hope so because I don't want her to not have her two top teeth missing for over a year.

Moral of the story is "No more monkeys jumping on the bed" or couch cushions!!!!

4 comments:

Kellie-n-Sterling said...

Oh come on you don't want her to look like landon? You get used to it after a while! Poor girl, that had to of hurt!

Stacey said...

Poor thing! That's just gross.

Lisa said...

Oh for sure no more monkeys jumping on the bed!!! The positive side, I would think, is that they weren't her permanent teeth. Yeah, that would have been worse. I bet that hurt! Ouch!

Nate and Lana Hope said...

SHe is such a trooper! Poor kid has been your emergency room runner this year! Good thing they are her baby teeth, she'll lose them within the year probably!