Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Good bye tomatoes!

A couple of weeks ago we were going to have our first freeze and I didn't want my tomatoes to just die so Sydney and Tyler helped me pick the tomatoes. They had so much fun doing it. Our plant was out of control. I got it at Costco and it grew so good. I don't know if it was the plant or the place we planted it. Either way the plant was awesome except for the fact it was a yellow tomato plant. Note to self: Look at what type of plant it is before you buy it. I wasn't even thinking when I bought it. That's ok because we discovered yellow tomatoes are just as good. Here is a picture of the plant. The one on the left in the cage is the cherry tomato plant. Again look to see what kind of plant it is before you buy it. The other plant is just one plant!
My huge Zucchini plants that I couldn't keep up with!

My trusted helpers!

They had so much fun! The plant was so big and the soil was muddy that I would pull part of the plant off and hold it up and Tyler and Sydney would pick all the tomatoes off for me. It's a good thing we picked them all because it froze that very night. Good thing we have weathermen to worn us about these things.

No comments: